- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jan 14 2024
- Time: 4:00 am - 8:00 am
Robben Island Workshop
Join me for the ROBBEN ISLAND Workshop. This 4-hour workshop is catered for any swimmer looking to complete a Robben Island Crossing or for those aiming to advance their freestyle and open water swimming technique.
With freestyle being the main stroke for open water swimming, join me for a day specialising in the most efficient freestyle stroke. Learn the benefits of precise timing, the correct body position and how to drop time from your 100m freestyle in this intense 4-hour Workshop.
For those aiming to complete the Robben Island Crossing, we will be covering:
1. How to train for the Robben Island Crossing
2. How do I enter, what are the logistics and how do I get around the mental side of the swim
3. What nutrition/feeding to take
4. Receive my best technique tips on open water swimming
This workshop includes a swim-specific dry land workout and stretch routine that aids in improving your strength and longevity in open water swimming. With plenty of time for Q&A’s you will receive everything you need from this Training Day.
When Going Home:
– Each swimmer will receive a video of their stroke with a brief analysis e-mailed to them on what to improve on in their training going forward.
– Each swimmer will also receive an entry pack with a swim cap, a few samples from Maurten and discount codes from both Arena and Maurten.
– Upon completion they will be handing out of certificates and a light lunch/social.
- Talk and Q&A
- How To Train for a Robben Island Crossing
- Stretch and Rehab Session
- Open Water Skills and Stroke Correction Session
- A Training Swim
- Core Workout
- Certificate of Completion
If you have ambition to one day swim the Robben Island Crossing – regardless of age and level of swimming then THIS ONE IS FOR YOU.
If you would like to join, please enter below. I look forward to having you there.